A cool start to golf on Tuesday but what a magic sunny day it turned out to be for the 2nd round of the Club Champs. A different start with the 18 hole ladies teeing off from the 10th to allow the 9 hole ladies to play the back 9.
A reminder again to all players about speed of play, especially now we have so many ladies playing on Tuesdays. Here are some tips for you:
- Aim to play each hole in 12 minutes maximum for Par 4 or 5. Par 3 should take no more than 6 minutes.
- Watch your ball and the ball of your playing partner. Play a provisional if unsure where it is or if it may be Out Of Bounds.
- Shorter hitters can play first.
- Keep walking to your ball while keeping clear of other players.
- Play your ball before helping to look for a lost ball.
- Park buggies & carts near exit point of green not in front.
- Play out of turn if safe to do so. Ready golf is encouraged!
- When playing in a 4 ball, 1 pair should finish putting then head to the next tee and tee off while the other pair finish.
- Walk briskly to your ball & work out the shot you wish to make & club required. Ideally you should require no more than 2 practice swings.
- Pick up as soon as you cannot score i.e. for par & stableford.
- Move off green and on to next tee as quickly as possible.
- Mark your score card at the next tee not at the green.
- Always keep up with the group in front.
- If while looking for a lost ball (spend no more than 3 minutes!) there are players waiting behind, call them through.
Congratulations to all the winners but also to all who played yesterday, it’s great to see such good numbers on Tuesday & the clubhouse so full.
18 Hole Event – 28 Players
B Grade Winner: Ros Frame (27) Nett 65, received a $20 voucher. Ros was very happy to record her best gross score on the course yesterday!
B Grade Runner Up: Sharon DeHaan(31) Nett 68, received2 balls. Another excellent score.
C Grade Winner: Maureen Cousins (38) Nett 70, received a $20 voucher.
C Grade Runner Up: Viv Goodson (37) Nett 72 on count back from Penny McCarthy, received 2 balls.
Pro Ball Winners (Nett 75 or better): Denise Law, Penny McCarthy, Colleen Blackmore, Barbara Bright, Deb Sein, Michele Cooke & Linda Fredricson. Liz Gregory just missed out on count back!
9 Hole Event – 25 Players
Winner: Angie Hunter (45) Nett 33, received a $15 voucher.
Runner Up: Caroline Lester (45) Nett 38, received 2 golf balls.
Pro Ball winners (Nett 43 or better): Margaret Carroll, Glenn Barber, Anita Powell, Susan Driver, Barbara Clarke & Dot Crompton.
The NTP lucky card draw winners who each won a ball were Helen Short & Linda Fredricson.
For those not able to stay for the presentation, please note that all ball prizes are in the Pro Shop for you to collect.
Good luck to all ladies competing at the Eagle Ridge Guest Day today & the Rosebud Open Day tomorrow.
Remember to book in by Thursday night for next week. The seeded draw will be sent on Friday morning & will also be in One Golf.
Thanks & stay safe.